Developed a Rails backend for Cosmobody (workout video site) and Good Housekeeping.tv (home and family-themed video site) to handle payments, subscriptions, on demand purchases, and user and video asset management. Also built a custom CMS.
- Created a Rails-based backend for two video subscription websites, Cosmobody (workout videos) and Good Housekeeping.tv (home and family videos)
- Developed and iterated authentication, content management, video asset management, and payment handling services over 14 months in a team of two developers
- Integrated closely with third-party payment processing and user management services for multiple end user platforms (e.g., web, mobile, set-top box)
- Worked closely in an Agile team with PM and other developers
- Rails, Rails, and Rails. I helped develop four different backend systems, each based on Rails. This project led to me creating engines and gems for internal use.
- A deep understanding of OmniAuth and Devise
- Rake scripts
- Using Capistrano and git in unconventional ways
- OAuth 2 third-party authentication and authorization (e.g., Facebook)
- Distributed content publishing (i.e., between servers)
- User and purchased asset management
- Custom content management system (CMS) development
- Payment gateway integration and payment/billing plan management