I was asked to help the Mealsharing development team devise a plan for scaling their MVP to serve users in over 425 cities. Additionally, I was requested to review their legacy codebase, improve test coverage, refactor unruly ActiveRecord model classes into service objects, and implement a feature for allowing meal hosts to upload multiple photos to their meal pages.
- Collaborated with CEO and CTO to plan for transitioning a monolithic Rails web app with users in over 425 cities to a scalable service-oriented architecture
- Implemented multiple photo upload feature for meal galleries using DropezoneJS
- Wrote over 200 model and behavior tests covering 94,000+ lines in under two weeks (RSpec, Cucumber)
- Cleaned up and refactored legacy Rails and RSpec code to comply with conventions
- Added database-level validations and custom constraint triggers in PostgreSQL
- Refactoring legacy Rails code into service objects
- RSpec and Cucumber